Sunday, March 27, 2011

I choose my choice!

 I was trying to write a blog entry and it started to sound like a research paper on the history of sex ed. Let me restart. I am mad. I’m mad when people look down or question the choices I made. I, along with the majority of teenagers today decided to have sex before I was married. I got pregnant; I decided to have my child. I am not a tragedy. My beautiful children are not mistakes. They are the most amazing things I have done so far in this life. Yes I missed out on some opportunities. I never got to live in a dorm. I never got to travel to Peru. I attended college near my hometown instead of the coolest city du jour. I am 6 weeks away from graduating with my bachelor’s degree. I live in a nice apartment. I have happy, healthy and intelligent children. There is not one type of life people need to have to be happy or successful. There is not one order of way to do things in life. Life is not an episode of Dora the Explorer with a map set out in front of us and only 3 places to go and only one way to get to the ultimate destination.

(C) February 5, 2011

2 comments:

  1. Funny how you say you never got to travel to Peru but, since writing this, you've been to Ecuador (and Texas, and Vegas, and wherever else I'm forgetting). It kinda goes with your other post about how you can be with Luke and still be the "fun, travel loving" woman that you are! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Ecuador! I think you mean Guatemala

    ReplyDelete